FOR CHRONIC JOINT & MUSCLE PAIN
Deep Tissue Massage
Work out the soreness!
Deep tissue massage is used to treat strains and sports-like injuries by softening scar tissue and muscle adhesions (aka “knots”). These inflamed areas can really inhibit our circulation and cause pain. The massage process involves applying continuous pressure using slow, deep strokes, targeting the inner layers of your muscles and tissues. Pressure may be applied by fingertips, knuckles, hands, elbows, and forearms during a deep tissue massage. You may be asked to breathe deeply to work through the tense areas. Deep breathing will enhance the results exponentially.
After the deep tissue massage, you may feel some stiffness or soreness, but it should subside within a few days. Be sure to contact Ann if you have concerns or if you feel pain after having a massage. Be sure to hydrate with water after the massage the aid in the recovery process.
If this is your first appointment
Potential benefits of deep tissue massage:
- Deep tissue massages have benefits for both your physical and mental health.
- Reduce chronic pain in the lower back, plantar fasciitis, fibromyalgia, stiff necks, upper back, low back pain, leg muscle tightness, and sore shoulders.
- Improve postural problems.
- Deep tissue massage reduces stress and tension, which impacts blood pressure.
- Treat many different symptoms of arthritis, stiffness, limited range of motion in joints, and sleep issues.
- Minimize scar tissue from injury with regular treatments.
- Treat sports-related injuries and delay the onset of muscle soreness, help with muscle fatigue, and prevent injuries.